Huskie students, staff and partners to Northern Illinois University’s Student Affairs team were recognized in the division’s annual awards ceremonies in May.
About thirty individuals and groups received accolades in the Kevin D. Knight Leadership Awards on May 3, while the division’s Annual Recognition Program on May 5 highlighted the academic year’s outstanding employees, as well as crucial partners to the institution in 2020-21.
During the Annual Recognition Program for Student Affairs employees, which recognized several staff members and units in about a dozen award categories, the division gave special praise to the following Partners of Distinction:
- DeKalb County Health Department, represented by Stacia Runge.
- Student Government Association, with special recognition to Brad Beyer.
- Matt Streb, Chief of Staff to the President, Liaison to the Board of Trustees.
This year’s Kevin D. Knight Award winners are as follows:
Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Most Service Hours: Sigma Gamma Rho, Sorority Inc.
- Most Philanthropic: Lambda Theta Alpha, Sorority Inc.
- Outstanding Service Event: Alpha Sigma Omega, Sorority Inc.
- IFC Scholarship: Sigma Phi Epsilon.
- NPHC Scholarship: Sigma Gamma Rho, Sorority Inc.
- Panhellenic Scholarship: Sigma Lambda Sigma.
- UGC Scholarship: Kappa Delta Chi, Sorority Inc.
- Academically Most Improved: Lambda Theta Phi.
- Sorority Woman of the Year: Ciara Myhre.
- Fraternity Man of the Year: Sergio Arias-Montiel.
- Chapter of the Year: alpha Kappa Delta Phi.
Student Organizations and Advisors
- Outstanding Student Organization: Communicative Disorders Student Association.
- Outstanding Organization Advisor: Dr. Lavern Gyant, S.I.S.T.E.R.S.
- Outstanding Organization Advisor: Angélica Mendoza, De Mujer a Mujer.
- Outstanding Organization Advisor: Steph Horgan, Business Administration Student Association.
- Student Career Success: Paige DuBois.
- Student Career Success: Jasmine Leonard.
- Student Career Success: Emma McMahon.
- Student Career Success: Ying Shen.
- Freshman Leadership Award: Kaiden Vinavich.
- Sophomore Leadership Award: Vilaya Sirivong.
- Junior Leadership Award: Curtis Baryla.
- Junior Leadership Award: Edward Carter III.
- Junior Leadership Award: Alberto Briones-Salazar
- Junior Leadership Award: Logan Andrews.
- Senior Leadership Award: Joshua Sidare.
- Senior Leadership Award: Sarah Thomas.
- Senior Leadership Award: Cassandra Kamp.
- Graduate Leadership Award: Saudamini Agarwal.
Steven R. Agee II
- Victoriano Ambriz.
Kevin D. Knight Leadership
- Joshua Sidare.
The Kevin D. Knight Leadership awards recognize the accomplishments of exceptional student leaders, and are named for a Huskie who was dedicated to improving campus life through service in numerous roles.