Secretary of State Jesse White is reminding NIU students, faculty, staff and local residents that office services will be on campus Monday, Sept. 16. White’s office will provide certain driver and vehicle services on campus from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the first floor of the Holmes Student Center.
“I encourage motorists to take advantage of the mobile unit on campus,” said White. “This is a great example of how my office can work with institutions to make these transactions more convenient for faculty, staff and students.”
On campus, the Secretary of State’s office services include:
- Driver’s license (renewal, replacement, corrections)
- State ID card (renewal, replacement, corrections)
- Vehicle sticker sales
- Passenger, B-Truck and motorcycle license plates
- NIU collegiate license plates
- Parking placard for persons with disabilities
- Organ/tissue donor registration
Motorists wishing to renew their driver’s license may do so up to one year in advance of their license’s expiration date. A complete list of acceptable forms of identification is available at www.cyberdriveillinois.com. Acceptable forms of payment include personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit and debit cards.