Warm days, sunny skies, blooming trees … summer’s nearly here. But first, finals.
And while important tests can bring about stress, students can take some measure of comfort in pre-finals activities happening around campus. If you need some extra help, a quiet spot to study or are looking for ways to de-stress, here are some links to check out:
- Tutoring help for math, chemistry, physics, computer science, and engineering at the Engineering Building, Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on Friday.
- Movie Night! Rogue One, Tuesday, May 2, at 7:30 p.m. Holmes Student Center, Carl Sandburg Auditorium. Have some fun and take a break from studying. Popcorn and soda for $1 each.
- Free Cookies from the NIU Supportive Professional Staff Council: Tuesday, May 2 and Wednesday, May 3 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in MLK Commons
- Don’t Stress the Test: Wednesday, May 3, 5-7 p.m. Annual Honors House event is open to all Honors students to help students relax as they prepare for final exams. Campus Life Building, Room 100.
- Philippine Student Association Study Tables: Wednesday, May 3, 5-7 p.m. at the Homes Student Center, Heritage Room. Snacks provided!
- College Grind at the Holmes Study Center is 24-hour study spot with coffee!
- Work out your stress at Campus Recreation. Hours during finals are Monday-Thursday, 6 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday, 6 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, noon-5 p.m.
- Study spot: Grant South Study Lounge is extending their hours for all students. Free refreshments will be offered every day from 11 p.m.- 3 a.m. Hours are:
– Sunday, May 7, 5 p.m.-3 a.m.
– Monday, May 8 – Wednesday, May 10, 7:30 a.m.- 3 a.m.
– Thursday, May 11, 7:30 a.m.-11 p.m.
– Friday, May 12, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Pet a friendly dog! Super-friendly Newfoundlands will visit campus again this year. Find details on the Founders Memorial Library website next week.