A new state law requires all students and employees at Illinois public universities to complete Title IX/Sexual Misconduct training annually to make certain you understand the rules, policies and procedures regarding sexual discrimination, harassment and violence on a college campus.
The Title IX employee training is from March 13 until May 31. Note that you only take the module once. If you have taken it as a student, you do not have to take it again. If you have taken the training in-person, you must still complete the on-line module.
The module was developed to be taken by a wide range of individuals from new students to seasoned faculty and staff. Some may find the material to be a refresher or additional dose of Title IX training, while others may find it to be brand new. Please keep this in mind as you engage in the training.
Take this opportunity to better understand your rights, responsibilities and expectations as an NIU employee and help continue to create a safe and caring living and learning environment for all NIU students, faculty and staff. NIU does not discriminate on the basis of sex in education programs or activities it operates and is required by Title IX to not discriminate. We take these matters seriously and ask that you partner with us to prevent sexual misconduct on our campus by:
- Learning what sexual misconduct and discrimination are and refraining from any behavior that could be described as such.
- Immediately reporting any acts of sexual misconduct, against yourself or others, to the NIU Title IX Coordinator, Karen Baker at [email protected] or go.niu.edu/fileTitleIX.
- Seeking confidential resources to address the effects of sexual misconduct on yourself or others.
- Being an active bystander by intervening or calling for help on behalf of others to prevent a potential act of sexual violence.
- Understanding your role as a responsible employee.
To familiarize you with our policies and procedures the following items are attached:
- Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Policy and Complaint Procedures
- Notification of Rights and Options
- Information regarding your role as a responsible employee
The Department Affirmative Action and Equity Compliance welcomes your comments and suggestions in an effort to improve this annual training. Please contact us at [email protected].