The Supportive Professional Staff Council (SPSC) is requesting nominations for five Supportive Professional Staff awards. This award recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the university in special fields of expertise. All supportive professional staff are eligible, provided they are at least 50 percent time and do not hold rank or tenure. An individual can only receive each award once and must be employed as SPS at NIU at the time of the nomination as well as when the award is given in the spring. Each recipient will receive a plaque in recognition of their accomplishments.
The nominator can nominate SPS staff for one of the following staff awards:
- The Supportive Professional Staff Award for Advocacy – The recipient of this award will have demonstrated that they have advocated for policies and practices that have created a positive living and learning environment for students, faculty and/or staff.
- The Supportive Professional Staff Award for Cultural Competency – The recipient of this award will have demonstrated leadership in creating a more culturally competent and diverse community at NIU.
- The Supportive Professional Staff Award for Excellence in Supervision – The recipient of this award will have demonstrated outstanding leadership and ethical practices when supervising professional and student staff.
- The Supportive Professional Staff Award for Institutional Advancement – The recipient of this award will have demonstrated leadership in activities, programs and/or research that has helped to advance their department and the university.
- The Supportive Professional Staff Award for Partnership & Collaboration – The recipient of this award will have demonstrated a willingness to partner, cooperate and collaborate for the betterment of the NIU community. The recipient may be an individual or a group such as an office, department or unit and is not limited to persons classified as supportive professional staff.
The nominator is asked to explain how the nominee for the selected award meets the award criteria in a letter addressed to the SPSC Awards Committee. The nominator must submit a nomination form, nomination letter and one letter of support. All nominations must include the name, title and department of both the nominator and the nominee. Awards will be announced in March and presented in April.
The nomination form, nomination letter and the letter of support should be sent via campus mail, faxed or delivered to Dana Gautcher in the Office of Student Academic Success and must be received by 4:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 27. There will be no extensions of the deadline. For more information, contact Dana Gautcher at 815-753-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Watson at 815-753-1797 or email@example.com.