Northern Illinois University College of Law Dean Eric Dannenmaier and the NIU Law Alumni Council will honor eight outstanding alumni and friends of the school during its annual awards reception at the University Club of Chicago on Wednesday, Sept. 14, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
The 2016 award recipients were selected based on outstanding achievements in their careers, demonstrated service to the NIU College of Law or their community and professional integrity.
The program will feature brief remarks beginning at 6 p.m. from the award recipients.
The 2016 honorees include:
- Alumnus of the Year, Vincent F. Cornelius (’89), president, Illinois State Bar Association, and Law Offices of Vincent F. Cornelius, Joliet & Wheaton, Illinois;
- Young Alumna of the Year, Ashley S. Jenkins (’11), deputy chief legal counsel, Office of the Senate President, Springfield, Illinois;
- Young Alumna of the Year, Karoline Carstens (’06), associate, Simmons Hanly Conroy, Alton, Illinois;
- Distinguished Service Award, Gabriel M. Rodriguez (’84), partner and practice group leader – Environmental, Schiff Hardin, Chicago, Illinois;
- Outstanding Service Award, Edward J. Underhill (’84), partner, Masuda, Funai, Eifert & Mitchell, Ltd., Chicago, Illinois;
- Public Service Award, Robert W. Fioretti (’78), Roth Fioretti, partner, Chicago, Illinois;
- Honorary Alumnus Award, Professor Mark Cordes, Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois;
- Mentor of the Year Award, Jill Tritt, senior associate attorney, Foster, Buick, Conklin & Lundgren, LLC, Sycamore, Illinois.
The event is free and open to the public. RSVP to email@example.com.