NIU Parking Services offers permits on an annual or per-semester basis for students, faculty and staff with a variety of price points.
When purchasing a parking permit, five payment options are available:
- CASH – in office only
- CHECK – for full amount (made out to NIU), in the office or by mail
- CREDIT CARD – (all major cards accepted), in the office or online
- HUSKIE BUCKS – in office only
- BURSAR ACCOUNT – in office or online
There are several ways to purchase a permit:
- Online: Purchasing parking permits online is strongly suggested. Visit the Parking Services website and click on NEW – Buy Permits and Pay or Appeal Tickets Online.
Note: No additional fee is applied for this option. Permits purchased this way will be mailed out July 5.
- In Person: Beginning July 5, parking permits may be purchased at the Parking Services offices, 121 Normal Road, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Note: There is an additional $10 fee applied to all permits purchased in person, excluding reserved permits.
- By mail: Download and print the Permit Application Form. Mail the completed form, along with a check (payable to NIU) for the amount of the permit to: Northern Illinois University, Campus Parking Services, 121 Normal Road, DeKalb, IL 60115. The parking permit will be mailed within three business days of receiving your order.
An annual motorcycle permit may be purchased at the discounted rate by those with a valid vehicle permit (excluding green permits).
This year, a free parking option is also available to any interested student, faculty, staff or visitor. Those who take advantage of this option, after registering their vehicle with Campus Parking Services, will receive a green permit which allows them to park remotely in Lot C3 near the Convocation Center on the west side of campus. A map of all campus parking is available online.
For more information, contact Campus Parking Services at (815) 753-1045 or email@example.com.