NIU’s International Training Office is seeking host families for 10 Colombian students of industrial engineering who will be attending a three-week training program from Sunday, June 26, through Saturday, July 16.
A stipend will be paid to each host family for hosting one student.
Host Family responsibilities
- Pick up and meet students initially Sunday, June 26, at the bus circle on the east side of the Engineering Building.
- Drop off students at the same location Saturday, July 16, for their departure.
- Provide transportation to and from NIU on the weekdays in the morning and late afternoon.
- Provide a private bedroom for the student. (Shared bath is acceptable.)
- Provide breakfast and dinner each day of the homestay. (Students are responsible for their lunches.)
- Attend a Homestay Orientation the week prior to the arrival of the students.
- Welcome the student as part of your family and allow him/her to live as a member of the family.
Interested families should complete and submit the Host Family application via fax at (815) 753-9549, email at [email protected] or U.S. mail: Northern Illinois University, 404 Williston, 1425 W. Lincoln Hwy., DeKalb, IL, 60115.
Homestay coordinator Leslie Shive will contact applicants to arrange home visits.
Chosen families will need to sign the Northern Illinois Host Family Agreement, submit a background screening release (NIU will pay for the background check), submit a W-9 and Independent Contractor Form and attend the Host Family Orientation the week of June 19.
For more information, contact Shive at (815) 753-9546 or email [email protected].