The NIU Community School of the Arts has announced the schedule for spring recitals and concerts.
Solo and ensemble performances are featured in April and May on the stage of the Recital Hall and Concert Hall in the NIU Music Building.
All CSA concerts and recitals are free and open to the public.
Founded in 1988, the NIU Community School of the Arts brings many of the most talented teachers in the region together with children, teens, and adults at all levels of ability. Around 500 people from more than 50 different cities and towns in the region come to NIU each semester to pursue their study of the arts.
For more information on the CSA or any of the recitals and concerts, contact Josh Anderson at (815) 753-1450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, April 30
- Showcase Recitals are at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. in the Recital Hall. Students who take private lessons on a variety of instruments will perform with an accompanist.
- The NIU Suzuki Strings violin group and graduation concert is at 10 a.m. in Boutell Concert Hall.
- Piano students of Georgia Price perform at 3 p.m. and guitar students of Eric Schroeder play at 5 p.m.
- The CSA Steelband directed by Yuko Asada and the NIUkulele Ensemble directed by Schroeder perform at 7 p.m. in the Recital Hall.
- The harp and piano students of Jaina Krueger perform at 1 p.m. and the Suzuki cello students of Tom Cappaert perform at 3 p.m. in the Recital Hall.
Tuesday, May 3
- The CSA Symphonette performs at 6 p.m. in Boutell Concert Hall. This string ensemble for youth players is directed by Linc Smelser.
Wednesday, May 4
- The CSA Sinfonia performs at 7:30 p.m. in Boutell Concert Hall. Smelser directs this youth symphony, performing challenging repertoire and featuring the most talented young musicians in northern Illinois.
- The CSA Guitar Ensemble directed by Quentin Dover performs in the Recital Hall at 8 p.m.
Saturday, May 7
- CSA Chamber Intensive small chamber music groups perform in the Recital Hall at 1 p.m.
Wednesday, May 11
- The CSA Children’s Choir directed by Mary Lynn Doherty performs at 7 p.m. in NIU’s Boutell Memorial Concert Hall.
Saturday, May 14
- The cello students of Smelser perform at 10:30 a.m., followed by the Suzuki violin students of Ann Montzka-Smelser, Laurie Rodriguez and Carolyn Snyder at 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. in the Recital Hall.
- The final recital of the day features the Suzuki piano students of Marilyn Montzka at 5:30 p.m. in the Recital Hall.