A film screening, panel discussion and several information events are set to recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, scheduled from Sunday, Feb. 21, through Saturday, Feb. 27.
The following events are sponsored by the Counseling & Consultation Center; Wellness Promotion; Center for the Study of Women, Gender, & Sexuality; Campus Recreation; Housing & Dining; and the School of the Family, Consumer & Nutrition Sciences.
- Monday through Thursday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visit the information table at the Holmes Student Center, near TCF bank. Learn about eating disorders, how they are treated and how you can find help or help a friend.
- Tuesday: 6 to 8:30 p.m. A documentary screening and discussion of “THIN” takes place at Reavis Hall, room 103.
- Wednesday: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Experience eating with joy and have fun busting eating disorder myths at Joyful Eating, Campus Recreation lobby.
- Wednesday: 6 to 8:30 p.m. Learn for individuals who have worked toward recovery from an eating disorder.
- Thursday: 8 to 10 a.m. Students are encouraged to show their real selves during the “I Woke Up Like This” photo booth at the dining centers of Neptune, New Hall, Stevenson and Gilbert. Take a morning selfie at one of the booths or take your own and post to social media tagged #bodypositiveNIU.
- Thursday: 7 to 8 p.m. Join Yoga for Every Body at Campus Recreation, Activity Room 1 for a body-loving yoga class. No prior yoga experience necessary.