NIU’s Office of Student Engagement & Experiential Learning is offering 10 poster and oral presentation design workshops to assist student presenters in designing their presentations for the seventh annual Undergraduate Research & Artistry Day (URAD) and the third annual Community Engagement Showcase.
The workshops, which will guide students through the design process, will be held in Altgeld Hall 125.
- Wednesday, Feb. 24, 3 to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 25, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 29, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 1, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 3, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 11, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, March 21, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 23, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 29, 10 to 11a.m.
- Friday, April 1, 3 to 4 p.m.
Students are encouraged to attend one of these workshops to receive constructive feedback on their designs and helpful tips to create effective, well-organized posters and/or oral presentations. The People’s Choice Award is awarded to the poster with the most votes from URAD attendees.
Descriptions of all presentation types and poster templates are also available online.