The recruitment and selection process occurred throughout the fall semester. With another fantastic group of candidates, a highly diverse and talented group of student leaders was hired. Orientation leaders train for 16 weeks during the spring semester and 12 days leading up to the start of the program.
Training consists of topics surrounding leadership development, communication, small group facilitation, managing group dynamics, diversity and multiculturalism, customer service and everything NIU. The overarching theme of the training experience, however, is the role orientation and orientation leaders play in student transition, success and retention.
- Kylee Bier – Elementary Education
- Juan Cibrian – Psychology
- Ailysh Cooper – Art & Design
- Jose Crespo – Accounting
- Alexandra Elias – Mathematics
- Cordnei Gibson – Undeclared Business
- Jacob Hicks – Electrical Engineering
- Mitchell Huftalin – Communication
- Keeayla Jones – Psychology
- Nicole Krakowiak – Nutrition & Wellness
- Sarah Leif – Community Leadership & Civic Engagement
- Zach McCallips – Biology
- Christina Phillips – Physical Therapy
- Tristan Rodriguez – Biology
- Tariana Sandkam – Nursing
- Rachel Shapland – Nursing
- Ryan Sims – Mechanical Engineering
- Benjamin Skipor – History
For more information, call (815) 753-1535 or email [email protected].