Qualified NIU students, faculty and staff can get free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. every Tuesday from Jan. 26 through April 12 in the Holmes Student Center Gallery Lounge.
This program is sponsored by the NIU Department of Accountancy, NIU’s Financial Cents program and Goodwill Northern Illinois. More information, including qualification guidelines, is available online.
Appointments are preferred, but walk-in appointments might be available. To schedule an appointment, contact Goodwill at (815) 987-6200.
Bring the following items to appointments:
- Social Security cards
- Photo ID
- Proof of medical insurance (1095s)
- All wage forms (W-2, unemployment)
- College expenses (if any)
- Property tax bill (if any)
- Routing and account number for direct deposit of refund (if applicable)
Questions? Call (815) 753-HELP or email email@example.com.