Students can explore stress relievers at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 10, during the NIU Asian American Center’s “OHANA!” event.
All are welcome to join in “No Stress Zones” in the Sky Room of the Holmes Student Center.
- 91 percent respondents agree that they have someone to turn to at “OHANA!”
Presented by Kappa Phi Lambda and the Asian American Center, this OHANA! event will bring a variety of calming and fun activities to help students unwind. Learning to find ways to relax and relieve stress are important to help reduce stressful symptoms. According to Mayo Clinic, relaxation can lower stressful symptoms by:
- decreasing blood pressure;
- reducing activity of stress hormones;
- lowering fatigue, boosting confidence to handle problems;
- increasing blood flow to major muscles; and
- improving concentration and mood.
Student mentors Phomrikhith Khathakhanthaphixay (Jerry), Jennifer Cao and Kerr Evangelista will take key leadership roles in facilitating the event.
For more information, call (815) 752-1177 or email [email protected].