The Employee Assistance Program, in conjunction with the DeKalb County Health Department, are offering the flu shot clinic to NIU employees and retirees from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30, and Tuesday, Oct. 20, in the Regency Room and Duke Ellington Ballroom (respectively) of the Holmes Student Center.
Remember to dress with clothes that the nurse will be able to freely access your upper arm. Vaccine will not be given to anyone allergic to eggs or have had an adverse reaction after receiving the influenza vaccine.
Changes for 2015
- Bring all insurance card(s).
- Photo ID might be required.
- Bring pre-completed form; blank forms will be available at the clinic.
Flu shots are free to:
- NIU employees insured on any of the State of Illinois insurance plans;
- Retired employees on the State of Illinois plan but not on Medicare or Medicare Advantage; and
- Retirees on Medicare and Medicare Advantage, who each will need to fill out an additional form provided at the clinic. No payment is due at time of service; insurance will be billed.
Employees not on State of Illinois insurance plans, extra help and dependents of employees should be prepared to pay $38 at the time of service and to fill out additional forms provided at the clinic.
Those who are unable to attend either of the clinics offered on campus can contact the DeKalb County Health Department at (815) 748-2467 to find out more about public walk-in clinics. The same restrictions apply at the health department, located at 2250 N. Annie Glidden Road. The flu vaccine must be administered prior to Dec. 31, 2015, to be paid by the State of Illinois.
Students are advised to go to NIU Health Services for a reduced price that can be billed on their insurance. Call (815) 753-9585 for more information.
For more information, call (815) 753-9191.