The Northern Illinois Regional Peer Mentoring Conference will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, June 16, at NIU-Naperville, 1120 E. Diehl Road.
This conference is designed for faculty and staff in high schools, community colleges and universities who organize and support peer mentoring programs; those looking to start programs at their institutions; and students serving as peer mentors at all levels.
Session topics include:
- addressing program challenges;
- starting a peer mentoring program;
- regional successful practices;
- peer mentoring program research;
- tips and tricks for peer mentors;
- program assessment and metrics; and
- planning a pilot peer mentoring program for at-risk students.
Registration – due Tuesday, June 9 – is $25 per person and $5 for students. This includes morning refreshments, lunch, all meeting materials and a chance to win an iPad mini. PDHs and CEUs available.
For more information, call (815) 753-1573 or email Student_Affairs@niu.edu.