The 2014-15 academic year is quickly coming to a close for most students and faculty, but Northern Illinois University is already looking forward to welcoming new and returning students back to campus next fall. Planning has begun for Welcome Days 2015, which starts with new student move-in day, Friday, August 21.
The Huskie Family Welcome returns for its second year, late Friday afternoon at the NIU Convocation Center on move-in day. NIU faculty and staff are invited to take part in welcoming new Huskies and their families to campus.
Welcome Days 2015 events and activities will be held throughout the weekend in late August and extend into first week of classes.
Additional Welcome Days events include:
- Band Run, Friday, August 21, 4:00 p.m.
- RHA Block Party, Friday, August 21, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday of Service, August 22, from 9 a.m. to Noon
- Rec Fest on Saturday, August 22, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- “Huskie How To: Teaching New Dogs Old Tricks” on Sunday, August 23, from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Student Involvement Fair on Sunday, August 23, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Annual President’s Picnic on Sunday, August 23, starting at 4:00 p.m.
Additional information regarding Welcome Days 2015 will be posted on www.niu.edu and the Welcome Days home page as updated information becomes available. Welcome Days information will also soon be available in the NIU Mobile App.