The deadline to RSVP to email@example.com is Friday, April 10. Indicate “faculty” or “student” track with RSVP.
This training for NIU faculty, staff and students will focus on how to effectively assist and support undocumented students on campus. Participants will:
- Learn about NIU and community resources for undocumented students;
- Learn about updates on immigration that affect undocumented students’ access to higher
- Identify unmet needs and resources for undocumented students; and
- Discuss lessons learned from the student, staff, faculty, administration perspectives.
8:30 a.m. Check-in, Regency Room
9 to 9:15 a.m. Welcome, Regency Room
9: 30 to 10:50 a.m.
- Immigration updates: DACA/DAPA
- How to be an ally to your undocumented peers
- Resources and self-advocacy strategies for undocumented students
Professional Track, Regency Room
- Overview of immigration legislation, demographics, undocumented students’ characteristics and implications for higher education
- NIU students will share their experiences as they navigate transition to college, academics and student life
11 a.m. to noon Student Panel, Regency, Holmes Student Center
- Wrap-Up: Lessons Learned