NIU invites applications and nominations for the position of interim vice president for Research and Innovation Partnerships (VPR).
The successful candidate is someone who understands our research capabilities and opportunities, and who uses that understanding to strategically advance our research mission and support our innovation partnerships.
This person needs to be a facilitator and coordinator who can advocate for research, and who can work cooperatively with the NIU executive leadership, deans, faculty and staff to advance the university’s research mission.
The Interim VPR must have demonstrated significant achievement in research, scholarly activities, and administration. Specifically, the successful candidate must have:
- a tenured appointment as a full professor in an NIU academic college and graduate faculty status;
- a solid understanding of the federal funding process, regulatory regimes, and research compliance;a strong record of administrative and/or leadership experience in a university or research setting;
- demonstrated success with externally-funded grants and/or contracts; and
- excellent organizational, interpersonal, and advocacy skills, including written and oral communication with internal and external groups.
- familiarity with university intellectual-property and technology-transfer;
- commitment to fostering interdisciplinary activities and partnerships;
- dedication to promoting cultural diversity; and
- commitment to ethical standards, transparency and accountability
Nominations, expressions of interest and applications (including a cover letter describing their interest in and relevant experience, expertise, current curriculum vitae and two current professional references with contact information including email) should be submitted for full consideration.
All correspondence should be directed to Jim Ciesla, associate dean for Research and Resources, College of Health and Human Sciences, at [email protected] no later than end of business Tuesday, April 14.
Northern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. Pre-employment background check is required.