You’ve wanted to be silly, dress up and decorate your dog. Or your bike. Or your best friend. Or yourself.
Those opportunities, complete with the chance to show off your creative alter ego, will come Saturday, May 2, at the first Artigras celebration.
Sponsored by NIU and the City of DeKalb, the local celebration of the arts will include art receptions, musical performances and, yes, a parade.
Shuttle buses will run from 4 to 6 p.m. between the different art venues.
- Starts downtown and ends at the Visual Arts Building, 3 p.m.
ART RECEPTIONS featuring BFA and MFA students
- Time Arts Student Displays: Egyptian Theatre, 135 N. Second St., 5 to 9 p.m.
- Foundations Showcase: Visual Arts Building, third floor, awards at 4:30 p.m.
- BFA Show: Jack Olson Gallery and the 214 Gallery (both in the Visual Arts Building) and the 215 Fourth St. gallery, 4 to 9 p.m.
- NIU Art Museum exhibitions: Altgeld Hall, noon to 6 p.m.
- President Baker’s residence: arrive via shuttle bus, 4 to 6 p.m.
- CSA Steelband and the NIUkulele Ensemble: Recital Hall, Music Building, 7 p.m.
- Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra: Boutell Memorial Concert Hall, Music Building, 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for students and senior citizens 62 and older and $5 for children younger than 12.
For more information, call (815) 753-1473.