As the NIU campus gears up for the sixth annual Undergraduate Research & Artistry Day (URAD), the Office of Student Engagement & Experiential Learning (OSEEL) is offering 10 poster design workshops to assist student presenters with designing their poster for the event.
The workshops, which will guide students through the design process, will be held on the following dates in Room 125 of Altgeld Hall.
- Wednesday, March 4: 1 to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, March 5: 1 to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, March 19: 11 a.m. to noon (Altgeld 225) and 2 to 3 p.m.
- Friday, March 20: 11 a.m. to noon (Altgeld 225) and 2 to 3 p.m.
- Friday, March 27: 10 to 11 a.m.
- Monday, March 30: 1 to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 1: 1 to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, April 2: 1 to 2 p.m.
Students are encouraged to attend one of these workshops to receive constructive feedback on their designs and helpful hints to create an effective, well-organized poster. The People’s Choice Award is awarded to the poster with the most votes from URAD attendees.
Poster guidelines and templates are available online.
For more information, call call (815) 753-8154 or email URAD@niu.edu.