With the transition from a one-day orientation program to a two-day orientation experience with an overnight component, Orientation & Family Connections has identified 20 orientation leaders to help welcome new students and their families to NIU.
The recruitment and selection process took place throughout the fall semester.
A highly diverse and talented group of student leader candidates emerged from a record number of applicants.
Orientation leaders train for 16 weeks during the spring semester and 10 days leading up to the start of the program. Training topics include leadership development, communication and facilitation, group dynamics, diversity and multiculturalism, customer service and everything NIU.
The overarching theme of training, however, is the role orientation and orientation leaders play in student transitions, success and retention.
The 2015 Orientation Leaders
- Roel Alcantar Luna – Accountancy
- Sydney Barys – Marketing
- Zachery Cramer – Marketing
- James Danielsen – Nursing
- Abigail Gorham – Special Education
- Yilda Guerrero – Biology
- Tyler Hayes – Athletic Training
- Matthew Hamilton – History
- Isabella Huminsky – Biology
- Amanda Jones – Electrical Engineering
- De’Chon Jones – Business Management
- Laura Lorenzen – Nursing
- Jordan Lynch – Pre-Nursing
- Alexis Massman – Electrical Engineering
- Matthew Pepper – Electrical Engineering
- Micah Rogers – Accountancy
- Ashley Sands – Spanish
- Katelyn Shields – Accountancy
- Christopher Wunnenberg – Marketing
- Samuel Zangara – Communication
For more information, call (815) 753-1535 or email [email protected].