Looking to become involved on NIU’s campus? Interested in learning more about your major and future career?
Want to earn $500 while gaining practical and invaluable experience?
NIU’s Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning is now accepting applications for the Research Rookies program for the 2015-2016 academic year.
The Research Rookies program links students with faculty mentors in their major or area of interest to conduct a small-scale research project.
Participating in Research Rookies is the perfect way for highly motivated students to connect with one another as well as with supportive faculty and staff. It is open to incoming freshman, sophomore, and first-semester transfer students.
Students of diverse backgrounds, including underrepresented minority students, students from economically disadvantaged and underserved backgrounds and students with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Students selected for the Research Rookies program will:
- learn what research looks like in their field of study;
- learn how to write a formal research proposal;
- gain experience working alongside talented faculty;
- create relationships with other devoted students on campus;
- present their work at Undergraduate Research and Artistry Day; and
- receive a $500 stipend at the completion of the program.
For more information, call (815) 753-8156 or email ResearchRookies@niu.edu.