Northern Illinois University choruses will join with those of DeKalb and Sycamore high schools, the DeKalb Festival Chorus, Penguin Project and Stagecoach Players for a concert at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 7, in the Boutell Memorial Concert Hall.
The program, “Make Our Garden Grow,” was initiated by Professor Eric Johnson, NIU director of choral activities, as a free, Broadway-style music concert for the entire community to benefit the DeKalb County Community Gardens’ new Walnut Grove Farm project.
Goals of the event include:
- Showcase the power of music to unite university and community forces to improve our world;
- Celebrate the strengths of the musical culture of DeKalb and Sycamore communities;
- Raise awareness of the needs of food instability and hunger in DeKalb County;
- Highlight the amazing work of DCCG to feed and educate citizens of DeKalb County;
- Raise funds to support the implementation of the Walnut Grove Farm – a place for those with special needs and those without, to come together in an integrated and nourishing environment for agriculture-and horticulture-based training and employment.
For more information, call (815) 753-7984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.