NIU’s Division of Research and Innovation Partnerships will host an introductory workshop on “Research and Innovation @ NIU” from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 7, in the University Suite of the Holmes Student Center.
The workshop will acquaint faculty and staff with the broad range of support and programs available through the division to promote and safeguard the integrity of research, scholarship, artistry and entrepreneurship activities at NIU.
With representation from the Office of Sponsored Projects, Office of Research Compliance and Integrity, Technology Transfer and University Press, this workshop will provide information on how these offices assist the campus with securing funding, maintaining research compliance, protecting intellectual property, identifying publishers and promoting innovation opportunities.
- 8 to 8:30 a.m. Check-in, coffee and light refreshments
- 8:30 to 9 a.m. Opening remarks by Lesley Rigg, vice president for Research and Innovation Partnerships
- 9 to 9:15 a.m. Division of Research and Innovation Partnerships: Overview and Structure (Dara Little)
- 9:15 to 10 a.m. Submitting Proposals and Receiving Awards through the Office of Sponsored Projects (Dara Little)
- 10 to 11:15 a.m. Maintaining Research Compliance and Integrity (Michele Crase, Jeannette Gommel, Corinna Kashuba and Shannon Wapole)
- 11:15 to 11:45 a.m. Protecting your Intellectual Property (Rita Yusko)
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programs (Karinne Bredberg)
- 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. Publishing Your Work (Linda Manning)
- 12:45 p.m. to 1 p.m. Q&A
For more information, or to RSVP by Friday, Oct. 3, call (815) 753-5008 or email email@example.com.