Hey, Huskie fans! A new season of NIU football begins at 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 28 unless you’re tailgating first.
- Tailgating may begin when parking lots open. Donor lots and Convocation Center lots open five hours prior to kick-off, and remote parking lots (W, O, and X) open three hours and 30 minutes prior to kick-off.
- Tailgating, including the Tent-A-Gate area, is not allowed past kick-off.
- Plastic bottles and cans are permissible; however, glass containers, kegs and party balls are prohibited.
- Trash cans and used charcoal cans are located in each parking area to help keep the area clean and fan-friendly.
- Fryer or fire pits are not permitted.
- DJs and large speaker set-ups are not allowed at your tailgate party. Small music devices and radios are allowed but must be confined to your tailgate area and must not interfere with others. All portable music must be turned off by game time. Tailgaters are encouraged to contact NIU Police at (815) 753-1212 when music from another tailgate party becomes a nuisance.
For more information on NIU football and Huskie athletics, visit www.niuhuskies.com.