She is not talking about romantic love, but the kind of love that emanates from shared positive experience. And you can find it almost anywhere.
In a newly posted Psychology Today blog, Finkelstein discusses how this type of love, illuminated by Barbara Frederickson’s concept of “Love 2.0” in her book by that name, can bring more happiness to our lives, as well as possible health benefits.
NIU psychology professors are regular Psychology Today contributors. They’ve been blogging monthly on the site for more than a year.
Other blog titles have included:
- “More study needed on possible role of pot in psychotherapy”
- “Women Helping Women in the Workplace – Or Not?”
- “Demonstrating how subtle features of language might influence juror decisions”
- “Why exercise boosts both body and mind”
- “The Science Behind the New Year’s Resolution”
- “Too Tired for Good Behavior?”
- “When Does Teasing Go Too Far?”
- “How Old Are You? On the Job, It’s Not So Obvious.”