Northern Illinois University announced the temporary closure of several roads on the west side of campus due to a full scale police exercise at Lincoln Hall on Friday, May 30.
The following roads will be closed from 7 a.m. to noon on Friday due to the exercise:
- Lucinda Ave. west of Annie Glidden
- Stadium Drive East south of Lucinda
- Lincoln Drive North at Annie Glidden
- Douglas Drive North west of Stadium Drive East
- Grant Drive North west of Grant Drive East
- New Residence Hall access road at Annie Glidden
- Grant Drive extension west of NIU parking lot X
Motorists and pedestrians should expect to see emergency vehicles in and around the area as part of Friday’s exercise, which will involve NIU Police and the following local and regional agencies:
- City of DeKalb Police
- City of Sycamore Police
- DeKalb County Sheriff
- Illinois State Police
- DeKalb Fire Department
- Kishwaukee EMS
- Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System (ILEAS)
- Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS)
The training exercise will run from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m., and a presentation of an ILEAS certificate of completion of the Agency Preparedness Program will be made to the NIU Police as part of the day.
The Agency Preparedness Program (APP) is a tool designed to assist Illinois law enforcement agencies to be ready to effectively respond to emergency situations and to utilize human and technical resources available through the mutual aid alliance to manage and mitigate those situations. The APP is completed online by ILEAS member agencies using their access to the ILEAS website and requires demonstration of best practices as promulgated by both the Federal Emergency Management Agency and Illinois Emergency Management Agency.