Congratulations to the 2013-14 Huskie Research Rookies!
To recap the work of the 39 undergraduate students, here are a few facts to showcase these hard-working students:
- This year’s Research Rookies represented 20 majors and five colleges.
- One hundred percent of the 2013-14 class of Research Rookies would recommend the program to a friend.
- Students from this year’s class come from as close as DeKalb and as far away as Sydney, Australia.
- There were 35 faculty mentors who participated in the Research Rookies program.
- Research Rookies spent about 6,200 hours conducting research this year.
- Research Rookie Maria Senf won first place in the Arts, Education, Health, Humanities, and Social Sciences category at Undergraduate Research & Artistry Day (URAD) for her work with Larissa Barber in the Department of Psychology.
- Research Rookie Natalie Cincotta won Honorable Mention in the Humanities category at URAD for her work with Heide Fehrenbach in the Department of History.
At the End of Year Celebration held April 28, NIU President Doug Baker and First Lady Dana Stover stopped by to offer their congratulations to the 2013-14 Research Rookies.
Interested in the Huskie Research Rookies program? The Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning is now accepting applications, which are available online. For more information, email [email protected].