I Heart NIU Week is an opportunity for alumni, students, faculty and staff to show their love for the university.
Participation can be done in small ways, including watching the spring football game Saturday, sharing an NIU story on Facebook, liking the NIU Alumni Association on Facebook or doing a random act of kindness.
Here’s how you can show your support for NIU during I Heart NIU Week, to be celebrated from April 19 to April 25:
1. Like NIU and the NIU Alumni Association on Facebook!
2. Right click and save the official “I Heart NIU” logo and make it your Facebook profile picture of the week.
3. Participate in as many ”I Heart NIU” events as you can!
Saturday, April 19: Spring Football Game & I Heart NIU Kickoff
Kick off I Heart NIU Week at the annual spring football game, which is this Saturday, April 19. Get your NIU swag at the tailgate!
- Tell us why you love NIU on Facebook or Twitter using the #iheartniu hashtag.
- Post the “I Heart NIU” badge as your profile picture for the week!
- Come to the Student Center or Barsema Hall, where students will be writing thank-you cards for donors and their favorite professors and departments.
Tuesday, April 22: Share Your NIU Spirit
Wednesday, April 23: Share Your NIU Connections
Thursday, April 24: Share Your Love for NIU
- Show your NIU pride by changing your profile picture to the “I Heart NIU” logo.
- If you’re on campus, grab a ribbon to say thanks to our donors!
Friday, April 25: Share Your Kindness
- Do something nice for someone! Print these random acts of kindness cards and pass one out as you pay it forward.
- Be kind and make a gift to NIU.