The NIU Department of English and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences External Programming office will host a “Publishing with an Academic Press” workshop.
Linda Manning, director of the NIU Press, will lead the workshop from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, March 14, in Room 297 of Founders Memorial Library.
“Publishing with an Academic Press” will address such topics as:
- writing an effective cover letter and proposal;
- understanding the review process and board approval;
- negotiating an effective contract;
- preparing for publication; and
- working with your publisher’s marketing manager to promote your book.
Participants will have opportunities to study successful examples as well as to engage in hands-on/interactive activities. Ample time will be allowed for questions and discussion. Attendees will also receive a certificate of completion at the end of the workshop.
For more information, call (815) 753-5200 or email LASEP@niu.edu.