Interested in gaining research experience?
This summer, the Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) will host undergraduate students from NIU to complete research at NIU and the surrounding community.
SROP is an eight-week program for sophomores, juniors, and some seniors to conduct paid, faculty-mentored, research over the summer weeks. The program gives participants the chance to develop personally, academically and professionally through a variety of workshops, field trips, and activities.
In SROP, students will:
- Learn what research looks like in their field of study
- Learn how to write a formal research proposal
- Gain experience working alongside talented faculty at NIU
- Attend professional and academic enrichment activities
- Receive housing, meals, and a stipend
Student applications are due to the Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning by 4:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28.
Questions? Email ugresearch[email protected] or call (815) 753-8154.