Nancy Prange, dietetic internship director in the NIU School of Family, Consumer and Nutrition Sciences, has won the Outstanding Dietetic Educator Award for the state of Illinois.
Students in the graduating dietetic internship class of December 2013 nominated Prange for the award, which recognizes the teaching, mentoring and leadership activities of faculty in Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics‐accredited dietetics education programs.
Criteria for Selection of Outstanding Educators
- Members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Faculty with academic or supervised practice appointments in ACEND-accredited dietetics education programs
- Coordinated Program in Dietetics
- Dietetic Internship
- Didactic Program in Dietetics
- Dietetic Technician Program
- Demonstrated innovative teaching skills and techniques.
- Demonstrated mentoring as documented by letters from students (limit three letters per nominee).
- Demonstrated leadership; e.g., national, state or district dietetic association activities, community service, honors received, scientific and professional presentations, publications, employment, etc.
Prange will receive her award Thursday, April 3, at the Illinois Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Spring Assembly in Oak Brook. She also will be the Illinois nominee for the Regional Outstanding Dietetic Educator for a Dietetic Internship. Notification for the regional award will come in the spring.