The Office of Orientation is now accepting applications for summer 2014 Orientation leaders, a premiere leadership position at NIU.
NIU’s Orientation leaders welcome new students, their families and guests to campus and help them become familiar with the university’s resources.
Often seen walking backward on campus, Orientation Leaders provide engaging and detailed tours about campus life and the history and traditions of NIU. They also help students complete the course registration process and become familiar with college academics. Orientation leaders are an integral part of an effective college transition process.
This position is an outstanding opportunity to develop self-confidence, communication skills and leadership abilities. In addition, each Orientation leader receives more than $3,000 and free summer on-campus housing.
All applicants must attend one of the following informational meetings to apply:
- Thursday, Oct. 17, 11 a.m., Holmes Student Center, Regency Room
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, 6 p.m., Stevenson Towers, Multi-purpose Room
- Tuesday, Oct. 29, 8 p.m., Douglas Hall, Smart Classroom
- Monday, Nov. 11, 7 p.m., Holmes Student Center, Heritage Room
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 8 p.m., Holmes Student Center, Heritage Room
Students from every college who represent all areas of NIU’s diverse student body and live “Be Proud, Be NIU!” are wanted.