With season tickets for the 2013 Northern Illinois home football schedule already selling at a record pace, NIU Associate Vice President and Director of Athletics Sean Frazier has announced a new ticket sales plan in honor of the Huskies’ 21-game winning streak at Huskie Stadium.
Under the new “Win-Win” ticket, every time Northern Illinois wins a home game in 2013, so do the fans who take advantage of this special offer.
Only 210 Win-Win tickets have been made available, and fans only have until 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, to order.
Here is how the Win-Win Ticket works:
- Purchase a ticket (or tickets) to Sept. 21’s 2013 NIU home opener versus Eastern Illinois between now and 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20.
- Call (815) 753-PACK (7225) or come to the NIU Convocation Center between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to purchase tickets.
- Win-Win Tickets are $50 each and are located on the West Side of Huskie Stadium between the 35-yard lines.
- If the Huskies win the Eastern Illinois game, you will be mailed a ticket to the Oct. 12 Homecoming contest versus Akron (NIU’s second home game) at no additional cost.
- All subsequent tickets are for the same seats in the stadium.
- As long as the winning streak is kept alive, Win-Win Tickets will be mailed on the first business day after a victory.
“I really like the concept of this Win-Win ticket,” Frazier said.
“Coming off the amazing victory over Iowa last weekend, this is the perfect time for everyone to get on board with the Huskies in 2013,” he added. “Enjoy the pre-game tailgating atmosphere prior to the game, come in and cheer on NIU while sitting in one of the best seats in Huskie Stadium, and watch a team that has not lost a home game since 2009 led by a Heisman Trophy candidate at quarterback.”
If the Huskies extend their home winning streak through the first four games at Huskie Stadium in 2013, Win-Win tickets would be mailed for all five home games. The $50 purchase of a Win-Win ticket would provide a value of $150 in single game tickets, and a potential savings of 67 percent versus the single game price of $30 each.
Of course, season tickets still guarantee the same great seat for all five Northern Illinois home games, including November match-ups versus MAC West foes Ball State (Wednesday, Nov. 13) and Western Michigan (Tuesday, Nov. 26). NIU season tickets remain on sale for only $100 (general public) and are $88 for NIU faculty and staff, Varsity Club (former letterwinners) members and senior citizens (65 and older).
In addition, Northern Illinois also is still offering the HuskieLand Plan for just $50. The HuskieLand Plan includes a ticket in sections A or G of the stadium for all five games and $50 in “Doggie Dollars” that can be used for parking and/or concessions.