Have a voice. Join a committee. NIU’s Operating Staff Council is seeking employees interested in serving on campus committees.
Representatives are needed for the:
- Campus Security and Environmental Quality Committee (one representative for a two-year term)
- Computing Facilities Advisory Committee (one representative for a three year term)
- Libraries Advisory Committee (one representative for a three year term)
- Parking Appeals Committee (one representative for a three-year term, one representative for a tow-year term)
- Student Conduct Board (one representative for a three-year term)
- University Council (one ex-officio member and one alternate for a one-year term)
Council members expect to fill the vacancies during their Thursday, June 6, meeting.
In addition, the Office of the President invites nominations of faculty, staff and students for appointment to the four presidential commissions for terms to begin in the fall. Self-nominations are welcome.
- Presidential Commission on Persons with Disabilities
- Presidential Commission on the Status of Minorities
- Presidential Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Presidential Commission on the Status of Women
Forward nominations, including name, classification (Operating Staff), address, email, telephone number and a brief statement summarizing qualifications and desire to serve to Pat Erickson, Office of the University Council, at [email protected].
For more information, call (815) 753-6865 or email [email protected].