Showing our Huskie Pride is part of our rich Homecoming tradition at NIU.
As you celebrate Homecoming and its traditions this week, enjoy your time with friends, classmates, alumni and others in our community. As members of the NIU Huskie Family, we are committed to the principles of the Northern PACT: creating a just, caring, open, disciplined and celebrative community.
As featured on the PACT T-shirts given out during Welcome Week, this year we are focusing on a disciplined community – where group members accept their responsibility and expectations guide behavior for the common good.
At Homecoming, like every day, NIU Huskie family members live the Northern PACT!
- Be responsible about your safety and the well-being of your friends.
- Keep your noise level appropriate; keep it down if you are in a residential area or near others who are not a part of your gathering.
- Be mindful that NIU’s Student Code of Conduct applies both on- and off-campus.
- Speak up: If you see something that doesn’t seem right.
- Get help: If you or someone needs help.
- Just act: Keep our community strong by getting involved!
You can find information about the many resources we offer students, such as the Late Night Ride Service and the Huskie Patrol, online at http://www.niu.edu/campuslife/safety/index.shtml.
Have a fantastic Homecoming, and Go Huskies!
Kelly Wesener Michael is acting vice president for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management at NIU.