Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford encourages all DeKalb County residents to attend his “CA$Hdash” event from 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday, May 3, in the Council Chambers of the DeKalb Municipal Building, 200 S. Fourth St.
The program reunites unclaimed properties with their owners:
- Money in inactive savings and checking accounts.
- Unpaid wages or commissions.
- Stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
- Money orders and bill over-payments.
- Paid-up life insurance policies.
- Safety deposit box contents.