Open forums are scheduled Monday, April 9, and Tuesday, April 10, to interview the two candidates for the vacant general education coordinator position in the Office of the Provost.
The coordinator position is a half-time, nine-month contract plus a full-time 10th month of additional salary to be paid over the summer. The coordinator reports directly to the vice provost.
The coordinator will work with the Office of the Vice Provost, the General Education Committee and the campus community in coordinating, assisting and advancing the general education program and the university’s strategic plans. The individual selected will provide dynamic leadership to help develop an innovative general education that achieves its mission and goals per current University Strategic Planning initiatives and Vision 2020.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- oversight of assessment and accreditation processes for general education courses;
- management of data relating to the assessment of general education courses;
- coordination of the general education website for both faculty and students;
- assisting faculty and staff with ideas, technology and research to improve general education instruction;
- providing support to, and serving as ex-officio to, the General Education Committee; and
- serving as the liaison between the General Education Committee and the Office of the Provost.
Kolb will interview Monday, April 9: Open forums are from 1:45 to 2:45 p.m. for department chairs, faculty and Supportive Professional Staff and from 3 to 3:50 p.m. for students. Both take place in Room 405 of the Holmes Student Center.
Henry will interview Tuesday, April 10: Open forums are from 11 to 11:50 a.m. for students and from 1:45 to 2:45 p.m. for department chairs, faculty and Supportive Professional Staff. Both take place in Room 405 of the Holmes Student Center.
For more information, call (815) 753-8381 or email [email protected].