The event, which will be hosted by Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc, in partnership with Fifth Third Bank, is part of Women’s History Month activities at NIU. It will kick off with a reception from noon until 1 p.m., followed by a presentation and panel discussion from 1 until 3 p.m.
Tanner and the panel, which is comprised of leading women from across the university, will discuss how they broke through the glass ceiling to become influential leaders.
Tanner is responsible for human resources operations for all of Bancorp, including benefits, business partners, compensation, diversity, employee relations, executive development, HR operations, learning and recruiting. She previously served as senior vice president and director of enterprise learning for the bank, and prior to that held numerous human resource positions at other banks and for McDonald’s Corp.
Joining Tanner on the panel are:
- Stacey Barsema, president of the Barsema Foundation and a member of the Board of Directors for the NIU Foundation.
- Cherilyn Murer, president and CEO of Murer Consultants, Inc., and chair of the NIU Board of Trustees.
- La Vonne Neal, dean of the NIU College of Education.
- Denise Schoenbachler, dean of the NIU College of Business.
- Aquanette Simpson, director of Employee Services and HR Development at NIU.
The event is free and open to the public, but attendees are asked to RSVP to [email protected].