The Certificate of Recognition Program was initiated in 2003 to acknowledge the contributions of SPS who have achieved accomplishments in addition to their regular job duties.
Certificates are presented at the annual SPS Awards Ceremony for such accomplishments as:
- publication of books or articles;
- presentations or papers delivered at professional conferences;
- leadership in professional associations;
- honors and recognitions received;
- advanced academic degrees or professional certifications earned;
- extraordinary service to the NIU community and its students.
In past years, the council has awarded an average of 20 to 25 certificates.
Supportive Professional Staff may self-nominate or be nominated by another employee or by the SPS Council membership. A list of past recipients is available online. This year’s recipients of the Certificates of Recognition will be acknowledged Tuesday, April 17, at the SPS Awards Ceremony.
To submit a nomination, email the nominee’s name and a brief statement of the candidate’s accomplishments to [email protected] by Thursday, March 1. For more information, contact Dana Gautcher at (815) 753-5721 or [email protected].