NIU’s Civic Leadership Academy will offer two workshops in December.
“The Freedom of Information Act and What It Means for Your Organization” is scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 6. “The Open Meetings Act and Roles of Public Officials” takes place Tuesday, Dec. 13.
Both are half-day workshops held from 9 a.m. to noon. Each workshop will be co-presented by three attorneys from Klein, Thorpe & Jenkins, Ltd.
Workshops will take place at NIU-Naperville, 1120 East Diehl Road in Naperville.
Participants who attend the Dec. 6 workshop will:
- gain an understanding of the Freedom of Information Act.
- learn how transparency might impact their organizations.
- learn what is necessary to comply with this legislation.
Dec. 13 participants will:
- gain an understanding of the Open Meetings Act and recent changes to the law.
- learn the consequences of noncompliance.
- understand what is necessary to comply with this act.
The Civic Leadership Academy is sponsored by NIU’s Center for Governmental Studies. For more information, call (815) 753-0923 or (815) 753-7574.