Submit your photos by Saturday, Dec. 31, to the Northern Pact Open Lens Photo Contest for a chance to display your photos on the NIU website and a chance to win an iPad or gift cards from VISA.
Photos should visually represent an “open community,” where freedom of expression is welcomed while respecting others.
- The photo contest is opened to currently enrolled NIU students only.
- Entries can be submitted through Saturday, Dec. 31.
- Contestants may submit up to two photos that visually represent an “open community,” where freedom of expression is welcomed while respecting others.
- Preference will be given to photos that are visually connected to the NIU campus and surrounding community.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of relevancy to an “open community,” composition, arrangement, focus, sharpness, lighting, creativity and realism.
- By submitting the photo(s), the contestant guarantees to be the author and copyright holder of the photo(s), and to have obtained consent from any people in the photo(s) taken in a private property.
- Photos with content deemed inappropriate or tasteless will not be considered.
- Entries may be reproduced, altered, or reprinted. By entering the contest, contestants agree to have their entries displayed in a variety of formats and to provide the highest resolution copy of the photo if asked by the judging committee.
- The judging committee will select the first place as well as the top 10 selections.
- The first place winner will receive an iPad.
- The top 10 selections will be displayed in a gallery and will be displayed in Facebook for the “people’s choice award.”
To enter, email each photo to [email protected]. The subject of the email should read: Open Lens Photo Contest – contestant’s last name.
In the email, include the name of the contestant, Z-ID, email address, phone number, year in school, major and a description of the photo (the description is optional). The attached file should be no more 10 megabytes.