In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Women’s Resource Center is teaming with the Verizon Wireless HopeLine program, which turns used wireless phones into support for domestic violence survivors.
The Women’s Resource Center is collecting no-longer-used wireless phones, batteries and accessories in any condition from any wireless service provider.
Stop by any of the drop box locations to donate between Monday, Oct. 3, and Friday, Oct. 28. Drop boxes are available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday unless otherwise noted.
- Women’s Resource Center, 105 Normal Road
- Holmes Student Center (near the Huskie Bus turnaround)
- Residential Administration Office in Neptune East
- Community Advisor Resource Center in Lincoln Hall
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday
- Stevenson Area Office
A cell phone can serve as a vital link to emergency or support services in a time of crisis or as a safe connection to employers, family and friends as survivors rebuild their lives.
Members of the campus community also can help the environment by disposing of their wireless phones in an environmentally sound way.