NIU’s Academic Advising Center will hold the fall “Midsemester Check: Strategies for Academic Improvement” workshop Tuesday, Oct.4, and Wednesday, Oct. 5.
Hours for the Tuesday session are from 4 to 6 p.m. The Wednesday session is scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. Both take place in the Illinois Room of the Holmes Student Center.
The Midsemester Check helps students to self-evaluate how they are doing and offers tips on how to improve. It’s perfect for students who are asking questions like these:
- Am I having trouble getting started this semester?
- Am I new to NIU this semester and trying to find services or places to get my questions answered?
- Do I have test anxiety?
- Am I struggling in my courses?
- Am I having trouble studying?
- Do I feel like I’m drowning in debt and don’t know what to do?
- Do I feel like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done?
Workshop sessions include:
- Success In You: Resources Across Campus
- Major Exploration/Navigating the Academic Calendar
- How to Succeed in Large Lectures
- Enhancing your Study Skills
- Managing Test Anxiety
- Tips on Managing Stress
- Where Did All of My Time Go?
- Balancing School While Getting Involved
- Tips to Better Writing
- Making the Most of Your Veteran Experience on Campus
- Making “Cents” of Your Money
- Apartment Advice
Tips for success at the Midsemester Check are available online to ensure that participants are taking advantage of all of the resources available.
Call (815) 753-2573 or email email@example.com for more information.