Anne Kaplan, vice president for Outreach, Engagement and Information Technologies, has called for nominations for the 2012 Presidential Engagement Professorships.
“Three exemplary professors – Cliff Mirman, Susan Russell and Kenneth Thu – received the first annual Presidential Engagement Professorships from President Peters in 2011. We are expecting another strong pool of applicants for the 2012 awards,” Kaplan said.
Letters of nomination are due Friday, Sept. 23, to Kaplan at [email protected] or Lowden Hall 307.
Following receipt of a letter of nomination, the selection committee will invite each nominated faculty member to prepare materials in accordance with the published procedure.
Only full professors with tenure and at least six years of service at NIU are eligible for the award.
- Commitment to fostering reciprocal partnerships in which problems, solutions, goals, and measures of success are defined jointly.
- Recognition for the ability to engage external communities in conscious efforts to bring scholarship to bear on regional, national or international problems.
- Enhancement of curricular content by incorporating opportunities to create, integrate, transfer and apply knowledge for the benefit of all partners.
- Engagement of students in projects and initiatives of direct benefit to external audiences.
- Creating a sense of civic responsibility in students.
- Enabling of learning beyond the confines of the campus
Application materials are due to Kaplan by Friday, Nov. 4. Recipients will be announced in spring 2012.
Information about the award, nominations and application procedures is available online or by calling Andrew Pemberton at (815) 753-1272.