The Rec Rewards Program is designed to encourage and reward Campus Recreation members (students, faculty, staff, continuing students, off-campus students and community) who participate in a variety of NIU Campus Recreation programs.
When you exercise or participate in indoor and outdoor NIU Campus Recreation programs, you earn points. And, as you accrue points, you become eligible for prizes.
The program began Aug. 22 and ends Friday, Dec. 2. It’s not too late to sign up and start earning points. The first 500 campus recreation members who register will be eligible to participate in this program.
It’s free. Simply register online at the Campus Recreation website.
How do I earn points in the Rec Rewards Program?
Participants who engage in any of the following Campus Recreation activities for a minimum of 30 minutes are eligible to earn one point:
- Aquatics Classes
- Aquatics Open Recreation Lap or Open Swim
- Group Fitness Classes
- Intramural Sports competitions
- Nutrition Counseling Sessions
- Outdoor Adventure Trips
- Open Recreation at the Student Recreation Center (SRC) or Chick Evans Field House (i.e. badminton, basketball, cardio exercise, jogging/walking, racquetball, table tennis, tennis, volleyball, wallyball, weight lifting, etc.)
- Personal Training Sessions
- Self-managed Outdoor Trips (rented equipment from the Outing Centre)
- Sports Clubs practices or competitions (home activities only)
- Participants can earn only one point per day and a maximum of two regular points per week.
- Participants can earn one bonus point per week:
- Bonus points are earned by participating in a unique activity (i.e. a participant who earned 2 points attending two Group Fitness classes can earn a bonus point for competing in an Intramural event).
- Participants can earn a regular point and a bonus point in the same day (i.e. played Open Recreation basketball and competed in an Intramural Flag Football game).
For more information, call (815) 753-0231.