Vice Provost Earl “Gip” Seaver today announced the following appointments:
- Elizabeth Tovar has been selected to serve as director of the Student-Athlete Academic Support Services (SAASS). Tovar comes to NIU from Ohio State University, where she served as an athletic academic counselor.
- Michelle Pickett has been selected to serve as the director of the Academic Advising Center (AAC). Pickett had been serving as acting director, and previously served as assistant director of the AAC.
- Christopher Jones will begin serving Friday, July 1, as associate vice provost for University Honors. Jones had been serving as the chair of the Department of Political Science at NIU.
- Janice Hamlet has been appointed as the coordinator of Academic Diversity Programs. Hamlet will work with the Office of the Provost in providing leadership in promoting undergraduate and graduate interdisciplinary diversity and certificate programs. She is an associate professor in the Department of Communication at NIU.
- Jerome “JD” Bowers has been selected to serve as coordinator of Teacher Certification and will begin serving Friday, July 1. Bowers is an associate professor in the Department of History.
“All of these individuals bring considerable experience to these leadership positions,” Seaver said. “We are fortunate to have been able to attract leadership and enthusiasm to these positions. Please join me welcoming these individuals to the Office of the Vice Provost.”