- HealthLink OAP
- Health Alliance Illinois
- Health Alliance HMO
As a result, Human Resource Services will now be able to accept enrollment forms with these selections. The state continues to investigate the possibility of 90-day agreements with other carriers.
With these new choices available, employees have the following options:
- Members currently enrolled in one of the health plans now available through the 90-day agreements, who have not submitted a Benefits Choice Enrollment form to change to an alternative health plan carrier do not need to take any further action. They will continue to have coverage under their current plan on July 1, 2011.
- Those who submitted a Benefits Choice Enrollment form that indicated a change to their current health plan carrier, and who wish to maintain that health plan carrier change, do not need to take any further action. They will continue to have coverage under their current plan on July 1, 2011.
- Those who submitted a Benefits Choice Enrollment form that indicated a change to their current health plan carrier and who wish instead to either change that election to a different carrier or return to their current carrier, must submit a new Benefits Choice Enrollment form to Human Resource Services by end of business Friday, June 17.
Employees will have an opportunity to submit a new enrollment form and change their election until the close of business on Friday, June 17. Human Resource Services will have staff available to assist with Benefit Choice selections at the main HRS location that day from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. They will process the employee’s latest enrollment form (the form with the latest date) as their choice for enrollment. Enrollment forms cannot be accepted after this date. Employees who do not select a health insurance option will automatically be enrolled into the Quality Care/CIGNA option.
CMS has indicated that a special enrollment period will be announced sometime after the 90-day extension has expired. However, applicable dates and options have not been determined. As soon as information becomes available this information will be forwarded to you and will also be available on the CMS website.
The latest additions bring to six the number of insurance options available. The other three are:
· Quality Care Health Plan (CIGNA)
Human Resource Services will update employees as soon as information becomes available through the following channels:
- Campus-wide e-mails
- Human Resource Services websites
- NIU Today
- State Pension and Budget Updates website
Please contact HRS at 753-6000, if you have any additional questions.