NIU students are invited to submit essays to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trasngender Resource Center essay contest, held each year as part of the activities for LGBT Awareness Month in April.
The author of the winning essay will win $100.
Submission deadline is 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 11.
- The contest is open to undergraduate and graduate NIU students.
- Students can write personal essays or research papers (including papers written for classes) that focus on the complexities of lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender experiences and/or the experiences of LGBT allies.
- Essays that explore connections between LGBT experiences and issues of race, gender, class, religion and/or ability are especially encouraged.
- Essays may be any length up to 20 pages (typed, double-spaced).
- Students may submit more than one essay, but will be eligible for only one prize per year.